When I woke up this morning I found my Helmer torn to shreds, nail polish everywhere, and this swatch on my memory card. Apparently there was a full moon last night and my nails transformed into . . . WERENAILS!!
Ok faux reals . . .
- Start with a basic manicure, including topcoat, with a color that matches closely to your selected faux fur. (I used Nubar Chiffon.)
- File and shape clear full well nails into a stiletto shape.
- Cut the fur to match the shape of your natural nails.
- Use glue or nail adhesive stickers to attach the fur pieces to the plastic nails.
- Apply nail adhesive stickers to the back of the plastic nails.
- Press the plastic nails on over your polish.
- If the fur you selected is too long and covers the tips of the plastic nails, use scissors vertically to give your manicure a haircut.
With the polish underneath, the nails peel off fairly easily when you’re ready to be human again. The other plus side to this Halloween nail art is that, since it uses neutral colors, it’s a totally work-safe look. 😉
Peace & love,